Sarah's Plan

I am very excited to transition into my new diet next week. This following week, Claire and I are starting our own diets to best fit our personal needs. I am switching to a diet that focuses more towards the no-added sugar diet, because I feel that it benefits me and is much easier to stick to than vegan. However, I enjoyed being vegan, and I want to incorporate my favorite vegan meals and snacks (given that they don't include added sugar). I loved the health aspect of eating vegan, how it forced me to eat nutritious foods and stay away from unhealthy snacks. Since I want to continue with the no added sugar diet, I will try to make vegan meals and avoid foods with low nutritional value. Being vegan caused me to try new fruits and vegetables; before I went vegan, I had never tried an avocado, but I learned that I love them and I eat them often now. Also I never would have gone to the Strong Hearts Cafe in Syracuse, but since they serve only vegan foods, I went there and really enjoyed their foods. In these last four weeks, I want to focus more on exercise and staying fit. Although I tried to get a good amount of exercise each day, sometimes I wasn't able to work out as much. In addition I  want to try to lessen my meal portions a bit,I for I think I eat too much. I will continue to keep you updated on how this diet goes for me, and whether I enjoy it or not.
Posted by Sarah

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great plan. I'm so glad that this project has helped you to learn what works best for you. If you are interested in getting a closer look at how much you are actually eating, try using an app/website where you can track your food intake as well as your physical activity. I would recommend trying Supertracker. You can create an account, set goals, and keep track of all the foods you consume as well as your physical activity. You can also print out reports that show that exact amount of calories, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, and minerals in your diet. It has helped me to learn what nutrients I am deficient in and how to make appropriate adjustments in my diet. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts