Claire's Plan

I feel that my body reacted really well to the vegan portion of our project, and not as well to the sugar free; these conclusions have led me to this diet that I think will benefit my body the best. My diet is going to be primarily plant based and the specific guidelines, based off of our two previous diets, are: I can have honey, eggs, dairy in one meal a week, meat once every other week, and I am going to limit my sugar intake to about 30 grams per day. I have done some research on the sugar aspect, because I really struggled with this part of the diet, and the recommended amount to have per day is 20 grams for a woman. Despite this, I want to allow myself to have about 30 grams because before I started this project I had about 100 to 130 grams per day. I know this sounds like a lot but, that the average person has around 100 grams per day (which is 80 grams over the recommended amount), and I always reached for foods that were very high in sugar. Even though 30 grams is above the daily recommended, I am confident that i will still struggle to only eat that much. I have discovered that I feel my best when I consume sugar, not cut it out completely, yet I want to challenge myself with 30 grams to keep my sugar intake under control. Until this project, I had no clue that I ate so much more sugar than was recommended. I want the main focus of this final part of our diet to be based on eating an all around healthy, balanced diet; I want to prioritize making sure I am getting all the nutrients I need instead of making sure I am strictly eating only certain types of food. I am excited to start this final leg of our project because I think this diet will fit me really well and allow me to perform at my best. I will keep everyone updated on how this goes! Also, our next blog post is going to talk about our e-book that we are making on all of our favorite recipes we have discovered!

Comments

  1. Great work! Like I recommended with Sarah's plan, I would also recommend using an app/website to track the foods you consume and therefore look at the exact amounts of nutrients in your diet. I encourage you to make a Supertracker account. It is a great resource and has helped me to balance out my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a vegan is hard, but it's a lifestyle I've had for over 20 years

    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thats amazing! Is it easy now that you have done it for so long?!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts