In All

This whole journey has been an incredible experience for me. Before this diet I did not eat any vegetables, I have expanded my diet to include, cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, carrots, sugar snap peas, spinach. I also eat sweet potatoes and corn but I don't like to count those as daily servings of vegetables because they are technically starches. The vegan diet went really well for me, I loved eating no dairy and meat; I felt so much more energized and fresh . On the other hand, I didn't like the sugar free diet at all. I need a balance in my life and cutting out all sugar completely is not realistic for me. I always felt like I was being deprived and I never felt satisfied. My last diet was my favorite; it provided that balance that I was missing in the sugar free. I ate less sugar, but I could still have a little everyday. I stuck to primarily dairy and meat free, except for about one meal a week. I felt the healthiest I have ever felt in my life on that diet and it was maintainable for me. At the end of that diet, I found what I was truly looking for at the end of our project: a sustainable healthy way of living. I realized the impact of healthy eating at lacrosse a few weeks ago. We were on a run, and normally I get out of breath and tired after a few minutes, however, the run was way easier than normal and I my endurance was a lot better. I was confused at first because I had been running less often if anything, and then I realized it was because of my healthy eating.

This is a picture of banana brownies; it is the first recipe I created 100% on my own and the recipe will be in our ebook!

Comments

Popular Posts