Success

As we move into the final week of the vegan portion of our project, I am coming to appreciate my new lifestyle. I definitely feel more energized and happier overall. Peanut butter, banana, and chia seeds is one of my favorite breakfasts that I have discovered. I am almost completely over missing the foods that I cannot have and I'm enjoying eating healthier. Sarah and I went to a Zumba class this week as a part of the fitness portion of our journey and it was incredible! I have never had more fun working out and we are going to go weekly now, even past the end of our project. We are also in the process of signing up for a yoga class which I am exceedingly excited for. However, as the added sugar-free part of our diet approaches, I am becoming more and more nervous because I know that will be more of a challenge for me. I can only hope it will go as well as being vegan is going!
Posted By: Claire

Comments

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you've enjoyed the vegan portion of your journey! I would encourage you to keep incorporating some vegan meals into your diet even after you stop being 100% vegan. Plant-based meals have so many benefits, and I'm glad that you've begun to experience some of them. As for the fitness portion, Zumba and yoga are two really great forms of physical activity. Zumba is great for getting your heart rate up, and yoga is very beneficial in improving flexibility. Perhaps try to think about including some resistance training into your routine. Body weight exercises like squats, pushups, planks, lunges, calf raises, sit-ups, etc. are great ways to help improve muscular fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We have weekly weight lifting practices with our school athletic trainer because we both do school sports! We definitely plan on continuing to use some of our vegan recipes, because most of them are already sugar free! And so many of them are just too delicious to stop making!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts